SAMAHOMA MEDIA ADVISORS is looking for growth opportunities that are likely to offer strong return on investments, now that lockdown is lifting
- £1.5 million raised since start of 2020 and five projects funded
- Typical investment size: from £50k – £300k
- Continuing to raise money and open to new projects looking for debt or equity investment in TV, Film, Music, Gaming, ESport, Theatre and other Live Events
The media sector is one of the few to generate long-term positive-growth, but Post-COVID it needs smart short-term investing, too. A new fund, INSIGHT MEDIA FUND plans to deliver both. Working with SAMAHOMA MEDIA ADVISORS, a team with expertise gained in the media and entertainment industry, the fund is tapping their sector knowledge and advice to optimise opportunities to invest in media projects.
Launching a Fund during a global pandemic might seem like an odd idea, but by being agile and using smart advice the Fund can prosper, backing projects which meet the new audience demands and production criteria the post virus era is creating. ‘Hollywood’ and other traditional sources of content are increasingly focused on making fewer, high cost, high risk ‘tentpole’ projects – leaving a gap in the market for more, and more cost-effective, independent projects which can be relatively quick to market.
The Fund has already invested in five projects since the start of the year, including a couple of yet to be announced feature films and a VR location-based public entertainment. Projects sought are ones where there is a funding gap and an opportunity to add value although some projects will be wholly funded. A variety of investments have been made with debt and equity starting from £50,000.
Bob Clarke, CEO, SAMAHOMA MEDIA ADVISORS explains: “The virus has condensed 10 years of media sector production, distribution and consumption behaviours and evolution into 10 weeks. In doing so it has created a level playing field for smart people with new ideas and lean ways of working to compete with established leviathans across the sector. All they lack is the money to allow their ideas to cut through. INSIGHT MEDIA FUND has been established to back this kind of positive disruption and it is our job to pick potential winners for them, where we can – regardless of their track record or status pre-virus.”
Joseph Kelly, Director of INSIGHT MEDIA FUND, adds: “We can contribute to revitalising parts of the media sector industry whilst generating our target returns for investors by backing smart people and projects in parts of it which have experienced strong, sustained and, in some cases, record growth over the last 10 years. We rely on SAMAHOMA MEDIA ADVISORS to help us make our choice of who and what to back. More and better content of all kinds – which may not otherwise have seen the light of day – can only be a good thing for everyone”.
By appointing SAMAHOMA MEDIA ADVISORS to provide industry knowledge, connections, insight, and act as ‘Executive Producer’, the Fund Manager will be able to retain active involvement in and control over its investments.
What is INSIGHT MEDIA FUND?
- INSIGHT MEDIA FUND has been designed for investors seeking long-term capital growth and alpha returns from the exposure to the market for high quality, entertainment content. Its aim is to deliver an uncorrelated return with an annual performance target of 8.5%.
- The Fundinvestsin commercial English language Film, TV series, Computer Games, Esport, Live Music and Theatre and other Live Event projects. It consistently targets popular genres with the widest possible international distribution capability.
- The Fund has highly focused selection criteria, only investing in production-ready projects in commercially strong sectors, where it can begin to generate returns within 12 months.
- SAMAHOMA MEDIA ADVISORS is open to hearing from rights owners with strong ideas looking for debt or equity funding in the £50K to £300K range.
- INSIGHT MEDIA FUND is a regulated Mutual Fund (insightmediafund.com)